Determining The Causes Of Trucking Accidents
Trucking accident claims are often much more complex than other motor vehicle accident claims because the injuries are usually more serious and there can be multiple parties liable.
At Robinson Salyers, PLLC, our personal injury lawyers understand how these claims work and how to take the fight to the negligent parties. We drive the same Shelbyville and Frankfort area roads as you every day; we know how trucks act on Interstate 64 and other area roads. We will be ready to stand up for you.
We Will Fight To Maximize Your Compensation
It is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible after a trucking accident, otherwise crucial evidence could be lost. The trucking company will likely work quickly to address any problems. We will work with experts to determine who exactly is at fault for the accident.
Some examples of the causes of trucking accidents include:
- Trucking companies forcing drivers to log more hours behind the wheel than allowed by federal law, leading to driver fatigue
- Trucking companies hiring drivers who had a history of driving violations or failing to provide the proper driver training
- Trucking companies not performing proper maintenance on the trucks, leading to brake failure, tire blowouts and other problems
- Loading companies not properly securing the truck’s load or overloading the truck
- Drivers breaking the law by driving drunk, following too closely or speeding
- Parts manufacturers making faulty truck parts that can malfunction and cause accidents
Trucking companies often carry insurance policies on their trucks and trailers that are worth much more than typical car insurance policies. For you, this could mean a larger recovery. We will look for every source of compensation available to you in order to maximize your recovery.
We Have The Skill, Experience And Resources To Level The Playing Field
We devote our work to providing personal representation that makes getting the results you need our top priority. Unlike many big city firms in the area, we devote all of our resources to your success. To learn more about how we can help, schedule a free consultation online, call our offices in Shelbyville or Frankfort at 502-220-4439.