Frequently Asked Questions
At Robinson Salyers, PLLC, our attorneys help people file for bankruptcy in Shelbyville, Frankfort and throughout central Kentucky.
Bankruptcy is a complex process, and it’s natural that you would have questions about how it works. Our attorneys would be happy to talk to you about your debt relief options so that you can decide if bankruptcy is right for you.
Follow the links below for general information about some of the most frequently asked questions about bankruptcy:
- Is bankruptcy affordable? Many people can’t afford not to. You can count on us to provide clear guidance that helps you make wise decisions about your finances.
- Can I file for bankruptcy more than once? If you have already filed for bankruptcy at some point in your life, you may be able to file again.
- Is Chapter 7 bankruptcy or Chapter 13 bankruptcy right for me? We can help you decide which type of bankruptcy, if any, is best for your situation.
- Will I lose my home? Bankruptcy has helped people save their homes from foreclosure.
- What property do I get to keep? You may be surprised to learn what property you can keep in bankruptcy. We will work closely with you to help you understand your options.
- I’ve been sued. What do I do next? When you file bankruptcy, your creditors are required to end collection efforts, either permanently or temporarily, depending on the circumstances.