A Helping Hand During Times Of Financial Distress
At the law firm Robinson Salyers, PLLC, we assist clients who are overwhelmed by debt. With extensive experience as a bankruptcy and trial lawyer, founder John Christopher Robinson offers knowledgeable advice and zealous representation to clients in Shelbyville, Frankfort and throughout central Kentucky.
Effective Solutions For Serious Financial Problems
We provide many options for debt relief, including:
- Chapter 7: Through Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you can eliminate all unsecured debt, such as credit card debt and medical bills.
- Chapter 13: If you have fallen behind on car or mortgage payments, or if you make too much money to qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Chapter 13 bankruptcy can help you regain control of your financial life.
- Debt consolidation: We can negotiate with creditors to consolidate your debts to make them easier for you to manage.
- Small-business bankruptcy: We can help you protect your personal assets when your business faces financial turmoil.
- Divorce and bankruptcy: Bankruptcy and divorce have one thing in common: They both allow you to start fresh. When you and your former spouse file bankruptcy to discharge marital debt before filing for divorce, your new horizons will be clean and clear.
- Student loans: Though student loans cannot be discharged in bankruptcy, there are steps you can take to get a handle on them. Our attorneys can determine which strategy is best for you.
- Emergency filings: If you are facing imminent foreclosure, repossession or wage garnishment, Mr. Robinson can assist you with an emergency filing that will put an automatic stay on these actions — even if they are scheduled to happen tomorrow.
Providing Candid Feedback To All Of Your Questions About Bankruptcy
Our attorneys are prepared to answer all of your bankruptcy-related questions, such as:
- What mistakes do I need to avoid? With our team on your side, you can avoid making mistakes that many people make.
- What are the first steps? Your first steps to a new financial start begin by talking to our law firm about your finances.
- What are the pitfalls of debt consolidation? Bankruptcy provides much more legal protection than debt consolidation.
- What is the bankruptcy process like? Our team strives to make the bankruptcy process as simple as possible for our clients.
- What are the most common myths and misconceptions about bankruptcy?
- Is there life after bankruptcy?