Your Local Workers’ Compensation Lawyers In Franklin County
If you are injured on the job, you may know that you have certain rights and benefits available to you under workers’ compensation laws. Even if you attempt to file a claim for those benefits, however, you may not know the proper steps to follow, how to receive the medical care you need, or how to handle a denial of your claim or benefits.
At Robinson Salyers, PLLC, partner Benjamin Salyers is the attorney who leads our workers’ compensation team. He has over 20 years of experience helping people in Franklin County and throughout the region recover the benefits they need and deserve after a workplace injury. We have an office located right on Main Street in Frankfort.
No Matter Where You Work, We Have You Covered
Our clients work in a variety of industries throughout Franklin County. Some jobs have a higher rate of injury than others, however. We commonly see injured workers from the following jobs:
- Construction – Jobs on construction sites are some of the most dangerous in America due to falls, equipment malfunctions and falling objects.
- Factories – Manufacturing work involves working with dangerous machines in a fast-paced environment. Although it can result in an acute injury, it can also cause repetitive stress injuries.
- Distribution centers – Warehouses involve moving heavy objects with equipment like forklifts, which can lead to dangerous accidents.
We also know that many people drive commercial vehicles throughout the county, including on Interstate 64, which is notorious for its accidents. Other busy highways include US 60, US 127, US 421 and US 460. If a negligent driver causes your accident, you may be eligible to file a third-party personal injury claim against that driver, in addition to your workers’ comp claim.
What Benefits Are You Entitled To?
Kentucky workers’ compensation law entitles you to certain benefits, including:
- Medical bills – You are entitled to coverage for medical bills for any treatment related to this injury for life.
- Lost wages – If you miss work, the benefits must cover your wages while you recover and make up for the difference if you come back on a restricted or part-time basis.
- Retraining and disability benefits – If you cannot return to your former job, you may also need help filing for retraining and long-term disability benefits.
No matter how your accident or injury came about, we are prepared to help you receive every benefit you deserve. We will be here for you every step of the way.
Schedule A Free Consultation
Robinson Salyers, PLLC, handles all worker’s comp claims on a contingency basis, which means we don’t take a fee unless we recover for you financially. Schedule your risk-free consultation in our Franklin office by calling 502-257-5417. If you can’t come to us, we may be able to come to your home or the hospital.