At Robinson Salyers, PLLC, your future is in the right hands. Focus on recovering strength and peacefulness, we’ll take care of the rest.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Bankruptcy
  4.  » 
  5. Frequently Asked Questions
  6.  » How Can I Protect My Home?

How Can I Protect My Home?

Losing a home that you worked hard to obtain is nothing short of heartbreaking. Though you may feel as if the situation is hopeless, there are many alternatives to foreclosure. In Shelbyville and Frankfort, Kentucky, the attorneys at Robinson Salyers, PLLC, are committed to helping clients save their homes.

We Are Here To Help With Your Mortgage Foreclosure

Mortgage obligations cannot simply disappear. If you are behind on a house payment, you may seek protection under Chapter 13, which allows you to reorganize your debt so that you can catch up with payments and bring your accounts current.

However, Chapter 13 is not the only option. By filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you can eliminate other debt such as credit card debt or medical bills, which will allow you to put more of your income toward paying your mortgage. When you file for either Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, the court will apply an automatic stay to temporarily stop the foreclosure action in its tracks.

Another option is negotiating with your mortgage servicer for a modification of your mortgage. Our attorneys have the skills and knowledge to effectively negotiate with mortgage servicers to reduce monthly payments to a level you can afford.

Lastly, if you have experienced problems with your mortgage servicer, you may wish to consider filing a counterclaim to the foreclosure suit against the servicer for breaching promises.

Contact An Experienced Bankruptcy And Trial Lawyer Today

Don’t lose hope; consider all of your options for saving your home. Contact bankruptcy lawyer John Robinson of Robinson Salyers, PLLC, in Shelbyville at 502-220-4439 or Frankfort at 502-257-5417, or send an email.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.